Inbound Lead generation consists of 2 components:
1. Get plenty of traffic to lead capture form
2. Get as many people to sign up to newsletter,eBooks, etc.
1. Start With Your Blog
Blogging will help with the following
· Drive Traffic to your website
· Increase your SEO/SERP
· Position our brand as industry leader
· Develop better customer relationships
2. Make Subscribe Form Visible On All WebPages
· Don’t be shy about making your subscription form visible
· The 2 pages visited the most on websites are the home page and the about page it’s vital the subscription form is on these pages.
· Change sign up forms appearance on some pages just so it grabs visitors attention
3. Make it worthwhile for people to subscribe
· Offer a free eBook or even an eCourse
· eCourse’s are the best because people will open future emails
· Also put effort into compiling the eBook or eCourse
4. Use Landing Pages
· Make that page that has no links to other pages
· Visitors with have to enter their email and convert or bounce
5. Use Social Media To Spread Your Brand.
· Facebook and Twitter are the more popular for getting more web traffic.
· If you’re in a B2B industry Linkedin and Twitter is going to be the most successful for you.
6. Use Your Existing Network
· Get existing contacts to help build your email list
· Ask contacts to share a link to your landing page on their social media platforms
· Thank them for sharing content which and lead to future shares.
7. Article Marketing
· Is probably the best way to spread content across the web while also getting plenty of links back to your website.
· Back links play a vital part in your SEO ranking
8. Pay Per Click
· Yes pay for click has a cost but only you know your ROI is becomes a great way to generate leads
9. Offline Marketing (Business Cards)
· Be creative in your design to grab people’s attention
· Use curiosity as a call to action
· Get there card if available and add details to your crm.
10. Guest Blogging
· Tap into larger audiences then your own
· When you publish a post on a website in your signature have the url linking to a landing page so you capture the maximum amount of subscribers.
11. Make A Sign up tab On Your Facebook fage
· You can use the iframe app that will allow you enter in some HTML code
· Using Mailchimp you can generate a tab from you Mailchimp account so no need for any coding.
12. Leave Informative Comments
· Leave a comment that will benefit the publisher and the readers of the blog
· Have your name on the blog as ‘Craig from Gate Marketing’ not just ‘Craig Butler’
13. Encourage Subscribers To Market Your Website
· When someone subscribes encourage them to tell their friends
· Add social media sharing buttons on newsletters and ask them to share them
14. Have Multiple Lists
· Have a list that was created from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & website.
· This allows you to focus the message for the different platform that the lead was acquired from.
15. Keep Required fields To a Minimum On Signup Forms.
· Fewer field means more sign ups.
· I usually get just the name and email but if I just asked for the email address I know more people would sign up.
16. Don’t Ignore Google+
· It’s a popular network but it doesn’t take long to share a post or interact with an active group.
· Set up a form with Google+ as a hidden field and measure exactly how successful Google+ has been.
17. Use the 80/20 rule For social media Content Sharing
· Never over pitch you product on social media.
· Use a 20% pitch rule and 80% content, and the more content you share the better it will be for your followers.
18. Exclusive Content To Subscribers
· Make them feel valued
· Give them access to password protected posts and .PDF’s
19. Exit Pop-Up’s
· Be careful how you use this as these can really annoy people
· Although if you have paid for the traffic coming to your site an exit pop-up can be valuable as it’s your last chance to save the customer before them leave your website.
20. Keep Subscribers Happy
· Don’t keep pitching products to people as this will lead to a high unsubscribe rate.
· On the flip side is the newsletter is packed with useful information subscribers will share it and your list will grow organically.
21. Host a Webinar
· This is a high value event, and people watching the webinar are already a qualified lead.
· The more you can interact with the viewers with live chat and pre-requested questions the more likely attends are to spread the word of your brand.
· Having a contest where to enter you have to enter you email address is very fast way to grow your list.
· Bad thing is everybody wants stuff for free even if they don’t have a need for it.
· Make it worthwhile and people with share it also.
· This will re-assure people who are hesitant to giving over there email address.
· The more influential the person who gives the testimonial the better.
24. Email Signature
· Include a link to your lead page and not your website depending on who you are emailing.
· This is easily done be setting up multiple signature in your email account.
25. Watermark Images
· Put your logo on any image you share this will increase traffic and thus subscribers.
KNOW IT ALL FIRST
Receive email updated to stay informed