Goal tracking is perfect if you want to track how many people subscribed and on what pages of your site they have subscribed.
I highly recommend you set up goal tracking because once you have data on your subscribers you can find ways to increase these numbers.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE HOW TO SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS GOALS
1. Create a “thank you” page on your site that thanks the person for subscribing and to check their inbox for a confirmation mail.
2. In MailChimp, change the location of the “thank you page” to match the new one you created.
3. If you haven’t already, install the Google Analytics on your site.
4. Login to your Google Analytics account and click the Admin tab, followed by the Goals button.
5. “Goals” click the “Add Goals” button.
6. Next click ‘New Goal’ and custom goal setup.
7. Name your goal something like Subscribers’ and click destination below.
8. Enter the URL that will trigger the goal with.
9. Click create, and you’re done!
KNOW IT ALL FIRST
Receive email updated to stay informed