Every time you publish new content, it’s a great opportunity to reach out and inform your existing audience but also gain new readers, followers or customers.
A mistake that many people make is that they publish new content and expect that it will be magically promoted on facebook or twitter and gain attraction or thousands of visitors on its own. This may be true for established web sites with a huge readership but for smaller web sites or blogs it’s your duty to go out and spread the word about your new blog post.
In this post I outline the 10 popular ways to promote new content.
- Add your new post on your web site’s Facebook page & Facebook Groups. This will get the message out to your fans.
- Share with your facebook friends (using your personal facebook account) the facebook post you have already posted above. In other words go to your personal timeline and like and share the post directly from your business page.
- Repeat the same process with your Google+ business page, Google+ communities and Google+ personal page i.e. Share the new post on your google+ business page and then share that post with your personal google+ circles.
- Tweet about your new post. You can do different tests to find out which is the best time to tweet in order to have the best possible return. Actually you need to do the same with facebook and google+ and find out the particular timeframe that you have most of your fans/followers online.
- Try to avoid automated posts on facebook or twitter. Instead of posting automatically on facebook or twitter do the postings manually and follow up any comments.
- Use a catchy description with your social media postings. Sometimes the title is not enough to get readers attention so try to be creative but to the point (avoid long sentences or paragraphs).
- Pin to your pinterest boards. Assuming that you always have an image associated with your posts (if you don’t it’s time to start using images for your most important posts – at least), pin that to your pinterest board.
- Add to Stumbleupon. Stumbleupon was online before facebook, google+ and twitter and it’s a great way to get traffic to your web site and spread the word about your new content. I like stumbleupon because it’s very easy to use; it works and gives you the opportunity to discover really cool web sites and blogs on the web you otherwise wouldn’t know about.
- Email newsletter. Many web sites allow users to register to their newsletters but they never actually send a newsletter out. If you have an email newsletter configured make sure that your new posts are emailed to your subscribers.
- RSS feed. RSS is still one of the most effective ways to promote your web site and content. People who subscribe to your feed do it for one particular reason i.e. to get your updates so they are more likely to interact (share on their social media channels) with your posts as well.
KNOW IT ALL FIRST
Receive email updated to stay informed